1. Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent, from a TEA accredited institution.
2. Applicants must have a minimum of an overall 2.5 GPA on all coursework taken.
3. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in the subject area certification is being sought.
4. Applicants who received their degree from a foreign country or university where English was not the language of
instruction, must take and pass the TOFEL ibt with a minimum of 22 on the reading portion, a minimum score of 22 on the listening portion, a minimum score of 21 on the writing portion, and a minimum score of a 24 on the
5. Applicants must participate in a phone Interview.
6. Applicants seeking certification in Core Subjects, Special Education, Science and Social Studies must pass the
appropriate content area exam.
(Applicants who do not pass their content area exam, may be required to take a practice test ($30 fee), in order to identify areas of strengths and areas that need improvement to ensure success on their next attempt.)